Saturday, March 18, 2006

Century on his way.............

It is not in a match. It is in his life. Let me congratulate first "Mister Dependale" Rahul Sharad Dravid for reaching the 100 tests milestone. BCCI has announced that he will be the team captain till the end of WCup 2007. It shows his importance to the team like India. I am not an ardent fan of Dravid, Of course anyone's. But still loves his play, sometimes I scolded whenever I saw him playing very defensively. I am an ardent fan of Cricket not the individual players. If I remember exactly I was into the Cricket when 1996 Worldcup is going on (India, Pakistan, Srilanka). I remember the incidents like Kenya beating WestIndis, Pakistan lost to India (Quarter final), and India losing its match to Srilanka (semi final). I am 13 year old boy having gr8 enthu towards cricket. Cricket in my life is a big history. We ( me, my two brothers) used to go everywhere in around my village to play cricket. I used to watch all the games which they played. I have not given a chance to play I am newbie to the cricket. Eventhough my elder brother1 didn't succeed in cricket, the other could able make it. When I got the chance to play for the team, its time for me to join Engg. College. I didn't stop playing cricket even there. I used to take of my thirsty till this time playing for School team (representing class wise), and some other matches(friendly in Jr. college). If I remember exactly I played for my village team and hitted 3 or 4 fours consecutively, but ending in a lost. Engg. college life has no exception for my cricket life. Except the change in representation (here Dept. wise). The most rivalry team for my Dept (CSE) is ECE. Most of the times we won the match, except the final year annual day match which we lost, very miserable moment. Hmmmmm now its time to play cricket in IITM. There is a saying that "Wherever you go you will make kind of friendship with likely minded people". I found the cricketers in Cauvery hostel @IITM. I represented cauvery two times in Inter-hostel Cricket tournament, but won none of them. The happiest thing in these matches is that I played in a International Standard Pitch (Chemplast Stadium) at IITM.
I am very much delighted to play in that ground. But the saddest thing is I didnt get bowling in two matches that I played except I was limited to only fielding which I enjoyed doing in that ground.

Hope still I have enthu in playing cricket here after despite of some ........................

No comments: